Pillar New Testament Commentary (PNTC) (15 vols.)
por 12 autores Leon Morris, James R. Edwards, D. A. Carson, Peter T. O'Brien, Gene L. Green, Douglas Moo, Colin G. Kruse, Peter H. Davids, David G. Peterson, Brian S. Rosner, Roy E. Ciampa, G. Walter Hansen
Designed both for serious students and for general readers of the Bible, the PNTC volumes seek above all to make clear the meaning of the text of Scripture as we have it. The scholars writing these volumes interact with the most important, informed contemporary debate yet avoid undue technical detail. The result is a blend of rigorous exegesis and exposition, scholarship and pastoral sensitivity, with an eye alert both to biblical theology and to the contemporary relevance of the Bible.
While the New International Version is the translation of choice for the English text, Pillar authors base their exposition on the Greek New Testament. They are deeply committed to a fresh wrestling with the text, using every means at their disposal to “loosen the Bible from its pages” to help readers understand what the text says and how to apply it to life today.
Underlying the approach of this series is the fact that God stands over against us rather than we in judgment of him. When God speaks to us in his Word, those who profess to know him must respond with reverence, a certain fear, a holy joy, and a questing obedience. These attitudes are reflected in the profoundly Christian stance of the PNTC authors toward the text. With these values in place, the Pillar commentaries will continue to be warmly welcomed by pastors, teachers, and students everywhere.
Logos Bible Software Edition
The Logos edition of Pillar New Testament Commentary can be linked with any Bible in your personal library to scroll together, side-by-side on the screen. As you scroll through the biblical text, or jump to a new reference, PNTC keeps pace so you never have to hunt for your place! It also works the other way: scrolling through the commentary keeps the Bible synchronized.
Biblical references in the Pillar text are tagged as hotspots: a single click opens your preferred Bible version to the verse cited. You can KeyLink on a Greek or Hebrew lemma cited as an example to go straight to that word’s entry in any lexicon you own.
Perhaps best of all, Passage Guide will automatically search PNTC alongside your other commentaries every time you initiate a passage search from the software’s homepage. This makes it easier than you can imagine to glean valuable insight from a timeless commentary.
- The Gospel according to Matthew, by Leon Morris
- The Gospel according to Mark, by James R. Edwards
- The Gospel according to John, by D. A. Carson
- The Epistle to the Romans, by Leon Morris
- Paul’s Letter to the Romans, by Colin G. Kruse
- The Letter to the Ephesians, by Peter T. O’Brien
- The Letters to the Thessalonians, by Gene L. Green
- The Letter of James, by Douglas J. Moo
- The Letters of John, by Colin G. Kruse
- The Letters to the Colossians and to Philemon, by Douglas J. Moo
- The Letter to the Hebrews, by Peter T. O’Brien
- The Letter to the Philippians, by G. Walter Hansen
- The Acts of the Apostles, by David G. Peterson
- The First Letter to the Corinthians, by Roy E. Ciampa and Brian S. Rosner
- The Letters of 2 Peter and Jude, by Peter H. Davids
Gene L. Green is professor of New Testament at Wheaton College in Illinois. He previously served as a missionary in Costa Rica, where he was professor of New Testament at Seminario ESEPA, and he is also the author of Spanish-language commentaries on 1 & 2 Thessalonians and 1 & 2 Peter.
- Title: Pillar New Testament Commentary (14 vols.)
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 15
- Pages: 8,551