UBS Handbook Series Upgrade (6 vols.)
por 6 autores John Ellington, Roger L. Omanson, Philip A. Noss, Kenneth Thomas, Howard A. Hatton, Roger Aubrey Bullard
United Bible Societies 2004–2008
The UBS Handbooks are detailed commentaries providing valuable exegetical, historical, cultural, and linguistic information on the books of the Bible. They are prepared primarily to assist Bible translators as they carry out the important task of putting God’s Word into the many languages spoken in the world today. The text is discussed verse by verse, and is accompanied by running text in at least one modern English translation.
Over the years, church leaders and Bible readers have found the UBS Handbooks to be useful for their own study of the Scriptures. Many of the issues Bible translators must address when trying to communicate the Bible’s message to modern readers are the ones Bible students must address when approaching the Bible text as part of their own private study and devotions.
Logos Bible Software dramatically improves the value of any resource by enabling you to find what you are looking for with speed and precision. All Scripture passages are linked directly to the original language texts and English translations, and double-clicking any word automatically opens your lexicons to the relevant entry. As you are reading the UBS Handbooks, you can easily search and access topics or Scripture references you come across, making sermon preparation or Bible study easier than ever. What’s more, you can also link the UBS Handbooks to the other commentaries in your library for quick and accurate research for scholarly projects, sermon preparation, and personal study.
Looking for other UBS Handbooks? The United Bible Societies’ Old Testament Handbook Series (29 vols.) and The United Bible Societies’ New Testament Handbook Series (20 vols.) are available.
- Provides verse by verse commentary on Scripture
- Communicates the text to modern readers
- Analyzes each book’s exegetical, historical, cultural, and linguistic elements
- A Handbook on 1–2 Kings, vol. 1: 1 Kings by Roger L. Omanson and John E. Ellington
- A Handbook on 1–2 Kings, vol. 2: 2 Kings by Roger L. Omanson and John E. Ellington
- A Handbook on Ezra and Nehemiah by Philip A. Noss and Kenneth J. Thomas
- A Handbook on The Wisdom of Solomon by Roger A. Bullard and Howard A. Hatton
- A Handbook on the Shorter Books of the Deuterocanon by Roger A. Bullard and Howard A. Hatton
- A Handbook on Sirach by Roger A. Bullard and Howard A. Hatton
- Title: UBS Handbook Series Upgrade
- Series: UBS Handbook Series
- Publisher: United Bible Societies
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 3,858