“We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.” —The Preamble to the Constitution
Originally conceived with seven Articles on September 17, 1787 in Philadelphia, the Constitution laid the foundation of the United States’ government.
This volume brings together the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and subsequent amendments. This living document is the framework of America’s system of government and defines the rights and freedoms of US citizens.
In the Noet edition, this volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Noet, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Includes the full text of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and amendments
- Presents the background to the founding of the United States
- The Constitution of the United States with Amendments
- The Bill of Rights
- Amendments 11–27 to the Constitution of the United States
- Title: Constitution of the United States of America
- Publisher: National Archives and Records Administration
- Publication Date: 1998