John D. Barry
Publisher, Logos Bible Software, Editor-in-Chief, Bible Study Magazine
John is the publisher for Logos Bible Software, general editor of the Faithlife Study Bible, editor of the Lexham Bible Dictionary, editor-in-chief of Bible Study Magazine, and author of The Resurrected Servant in Isaiah (Paternoster and Logos, 2010), not to mention a minister. By age 23, he had published over 50 articles, both scholastic and general, and was featured as an expert blogger in theology on ConversantLife.com.
John took Logos Bible Software’s first print publication, Bible Study Magazine, from conception to reality in under six months. Library Journal ranked it one of the top 10 magazines launched in 2008. Articles by John have been featured on high-profile websites, and he has been interviewed by national radio hosts and
John currently serves as publisher on projects like the Studies in Faithful Living series, the Evangelical Exegetical Commentary series, the Pastorum series, the Lexham Bible Guides, the Lexham Methods Series, and the translation of Geerhardus Vos’ Reformed Dogmatics. He also oversees prose editorial services for Logos, which includes working on projects like the High Definition Commentary series and the Lexham English Bible.
With an MA in biblical studies from Trinity Western University, John is knowledgeable in Greek, Hebrew, and Syriac. He lives with his wife and dog in “the city of subdued excitement”—Bellingham, Washington.
Scholarly texts authored (or coauthored) by John D. Barry
Books authored (or coauthored) by John D. Barry
Logos products edited by John D. Barry
Academic articles—sample List
- “Early Evidence of Subjective Interpretation in the pesharim of Qumran.” Revue Scriptura: Nouvelle Série 9 (2007): 119–138.
- “Isaiah, Book of.” Dictionary of the Bible and Western Culture. Sheffield Phoenix, 2012
“Temptations of Jesus.” Dictionary of the Bible and Western Culture.
Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix, 2012
“New Testament, Title of.” Lexham Bible Dictionary.
Bellingham: Logos Bible Software, 2013
“Canon, Books in Codices.” Lexham Bible Dictionary.
Bellingham: Logos Bible Software, 2013
Academic conference papers
- “The Resurrected Servant in Isaiah 53:10–12: A Prophetic Concept of Restoration.” Canadian Society of Biblical Studies Annual Meeting, 2008 (Vancouver, BC).
- “The Hidden Meaning of Anti-Semitism in Matthew’s Foretelling of the Betrayer.” Pacific Northwest Regional Society of Biblical Literature, 2008 (Newberg, OR).
- “The Dichotomy between Entering God’s Presence in Exodus and the Psalms.” Pacific Northwest Regional Society of Biblical Literature, 2008 (Newberg, OR).
- “Will the Servant ‘See Light’? A Reexamination of the Controversial phos Variant in Isaiah 53:11.” Septuagint Translation(s): Retrospect and Prospect, Septuagint Institute, Trinity Western University, 2008 (Langley, BC).
- “Will the Servant ‘See Light’? A Reexamination of the ’ôr Variant in Isaiah 53:11.” Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, 2008 (San Diego, CA).
“Matthew’s Gospel as Greek Tragedy: Judas as the Unredeemable and Peter as Redeemable.” Pacific Northwest Regional Society of Biblical Literature, 2009
- “Resurrection in Isaiah 53:10–12 as the Culmination of Israel’s Restoration and Reconciliation.” Pacific Northwest Regional Society of Biblical Literature, 2009 (Puyallup, WA).
- “My Servant the Branch, Joshua the High Priest and Yahweh’s Council.” Evangelical Theological Society Annual Meeting, 2009 (New Orleans, LA).
- “How the Digital Version of the BHS Apparatus Assists Text-Critical Research.” Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, 2009 (New Orleans, LA).
Sample blog posts
- Changing the Biblical Research Paradigm
- Making Last-Minute Sermon Prep Awesome
- 2 Ways to Transform Your Life with Faithlife
- Rethinking Church Curriculum: Announcing the Studies in Faithful Living Series
- Mary: Devoted to God’s Plan—Transformational Curriculum
- Lexham Bible Guides: Your Tools for Better Research
- Understand Differences in Biblical Manuscripts
- 4 Qualities That Set the Evangelical Exegetical Commentary Series Apart
- Reflecting on Three Years of Bible Study Magazine
- The Making of Lexham Bible Dictionary
- Connect the Testaments: Writing a Devotional
- The Story of the Faithlife Study Bible