About Logos Library System
What is LLS?
The Logos Library System is a 16bit application designed for Windows 98/2000/ME/NT and is usually compatible with Windows XP. Support for LLS has been discontinued, but it is still possible to access your Logos Library System books in newer Logos applications.
You will need access to these books in Logos 3 or an LLS "Backup" file to continue using your LLS Books. You may need to install LLS to create this backup. You can skip these instructions if you already have access to your LLS books in Logos 3.
If you do not have an LLS Backup, you may need to install LLS to create one. This will need to be done with a compatible 32bit computer (there is no way to install LLS in a 64bit version of Windows).
- Installation Instructions
- Insert your LLS CD-Rom.
- Open the Setup.exe (may be "Update.exe" on some CDs).
- Follow the prompts to install.
- Leave the CD-Rom in the drive.
When installation completes, a Logos Library System, or Nelson Electronic Bible Reference Library icon will be created on the Desktop and in your Programs list.
Open Logos Library System (or Nelson Electronic Bible Reference Library) from your Desktop, or Programs list. Be sure your CD-Rom is in the drive before you open the software. When it opens, you should see your books in the "Library Browser" on the left side.
- Saving a Backup ("LOGOS.LSB")
- Click on Tools
- Select Backup Logos System Files
- Choose the destination to save the file by clicking on the small drop-down-menu below Drives.
- LLS Defaults to "A:\" for Floppy Disks. You may receive an error if your computer lacks a Floppy Drive. Click "OK" to proceed and select a new destination.
- Save the Backup ("LOGOS.LSB") to a location you can find later (default non-Floppy location is C:\Logos20\).
It is not possible to import this file directly to Logos 4 or 5. The steps below will explain uploading your LLS licenses via Logos 3, or you can attach your backup file to an email and send it to Customer Support for manual activation.
Logos 3 was designed to import LLS Licenses automatically. If you have Logos 3 installed, follow these steps to synchronize your account and access your LLS books immediately in Logos 4 or 5.
- Synchronize Licenses
- Open "My Library" to confirm your LLS Books are unlocked.
- Click on Tools > Library Management.
- Choose Synchronize Licenses.
- Follow the prompts to synchronize.
- Close Logos 3.
If you are having trouble with these instructions, please contact Customer Support at 1(800)875-6467 or by email.