End User License Agreement
For Logos Bible Software 4, 5 & 6
The short version is this: "The license goes with the user. Every user must purchase their own package. If you have a work machine and a laptop and they are both yours for your personal use, you may load it on both for your personal use - because the license goes with the user." Can you purchase one package and have two people use it? No. The license goes with the user. The license is a single user license.
All licenses are single human being licenses. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses. A church or company may be the purchaser and thus legal owner of the license grant, but may only allow one human being to be the beneficiary of this license grant.
This is the contract that all users of Logos Bible Software must agree to in order to use the software.
CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LICENSE AGREEMENT. BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT" BUTTON AND CLICKING THE NEXT BUTTON, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. THIS PRODUCT REQUIRES USER REGISTRATION AND WILL CEASE TO FUNCTION IF USER REGISTRATION IS NOT CONFIRMED. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE "CANCEL" BUTTON, AND, IF APPLICABLE, RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND.
The package contains software ("Software") and may contain electronic text, graphics, audio, or other resources ("Content") and related explanatory written materials ("Documentation"). "Software" includes any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the Software. "You" means the one person or company who is being licensed to use the Software, Content and Documentation. "We" and "us" means Logos Research Systems, Inc. (d.b.a. Logos Bible Software). In the case of a company purchasing the Software, only one person may be designated as the user of that software and in no case is the software allowed to be used by more than one person. In no way shall "company" be construed in such a way as to allow for site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses. A church or company may be the purchaser and thus legal owner of the license grant, but may only allow one human being to be the beneficiary of this license grant.
We hereby grant You a nonexclusive license to use the Software and "unlocked" Content on the computer or computers used primarily by You, the licensed user. (For example, on a home, office, and laptop computer, all of which are used primarily by You.)
The Software and Content may not be installed on a network or shared for use by multiple computer users.
The Software is designed for use with the Internet. You will need to log into the software with an email address and password, which will be used to access an account at Logos.com. The Software will run in an offline mode, but requires access to Logos.com for certain features and Content. You may not share this Software, your login and password, or your Logos.com account with others. We reserve the right to monitor logins to the Software and to detect, prevent and disable excessive simultaneous logins by the same account using different computers.
The package may contain Content that is NOT licensed to you. This Content is "locked" in electronic form and is included for your convenience should you desire to "unlock" it by purchasing a license for it. Content that you "unlock" is covered by this agreement.
From time to time We may release updates to the Software and Content. These updates will be automatically downloaded (and possibly installed) when your computer is connected to the Internet. These updates help ensure that you have the latest version of the Software and Content.
Data you enter into the Software, including notes, settings, preferences, and documents, will be automatically backed up to Logos.com over the Internet, and downloaded to other instances of the Software logged in using your email and password. This automatic synchronization helps you access your content on multiple computers and may be used to let you use your own data online. Logos will not share your data without your permission, but may examine it programmatically for anonymous statistical purposes or in order to provide technical support.
DO NOT STORE HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IN THE SOFTWARE. The Software is designed for consumer reference and study purposes, and while we will take all precautions to protect your data, we cannot ensure the level of security you would expect from online banking or other highly secure services.
You are responsible to keep the password associated with your Logos.com login private. It is the primary means of security for data synchronized through the Software.
We remain the owner of all right, title and interest in the Software and Documentation. Ownership of the Content remains with Copyright holders.
ARCHIVAL OR BACKUP COPIES
You may either:
- make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes, or
- transfer the Software to a single hard disk, provided you keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes.
THINGS YOU MAY NOT DO
The Software, Content, and Documentation are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties. You must treat the Software, Content, and Documentation as copyrighted material. You may not:
- copy the Documentation,
- copy the Software or Content except to make archival or backup copies as provided above,
- modify or adapt the Software or merge it into another program,
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or make any attempt to discover the source code of the Software,
- place the Software or Content onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network such as the Internet,
- sublicense, rent, lease or lend any portion of the Software, Content, or Documentation, or
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or make any attempt to "unlock" or circumvent the digital copyright protection of the Content.
At Logos' sole discretion you may transfer all your rights to use the Software, Content, and Documentation to another person or legal entity provided you transfer this Agreement, the Software, Content, and Documentation, including all copies, updates and prior versions to such person or entity and that you retain no copies, including copies stored on computer. There will be a processing fee charged on all transfers which is subject to change without notice. As of 6/17/09 the fee is equal to $20.00 per transfer.
We warrant that for a period of 90 days after delivery of this copy of the Software to you:
- if provided, the physical media on which this copy of the Software is distributed will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, and
- the Software will perform in substantial accordance with the Documentation.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, regardless of whether we know or had reason to know of your particular needs. No employee, agent, dealer or distributor of ours is authorized to modify this limited warranty, nor to make any additional warranties.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Our entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be:
- the replacement of any diskette(s) or other media not meeting our Limited Warranty which is returned to us or to an authorized Dealer or Distributor with a copy of your receipt, or
- If we or an authorized Dealer or Distributor are unable to deliver a replacement diskette(s) or other media that is free of defects in materials or workmanship, you may terminate this Agreement by returning the Software and Documentation and your money will be refunded.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (EVEN IF WE OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES), OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This license agreement takes effect upon your use of the software and remains effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession. It will also automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this license agreement. You agree on termination of this license to either return to us or destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession.
This license applies to this and future versions of the Software and Content, including automatically downloaded updates.
Upon termination of this agreement your account will be deactivated.
The Software contains trade secrets and proprietary know-how that belong to us and it is being made available to you in strict confidence. ANY USE OR DISCLOSURE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OF ITS ALGORITHMS, PROTOCOLS OR INTERFACES, OTHER THAN IN STRICT ACCORDANCE WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, MAY BE ACTIONABLE AS A VIOLATION OF OUR TRADE SECRET RIGHTS.
1. This written license agreement is the exclusive agreement between you and us concerning the Software, Content, and Documentation and supersedes any and all prior oral or written agreements, negotiations or other dealings between us concerning the Software.
2. This license agreement may be modified only by a writing signed by you and us.
3. In the event of litigation between you and us concerning the Software or Documentation, the prevailing party in the litigation will be entitled to recover attorney fees and expenses from the other party.
4. You agree to register this product with Logos Bible Software within 30 days. (Registration may be accomplished via the Internet or by mail. Registration helps protect the owners and publishers of copyrighted Content and encourages more publishers to release their Content electronically.) You may register anonymously but we may not provide certain types of support or opportunities to participate in certain online features if you choose to do so. After 30 days the software may cease to function until it receives confirmation of registration.
5. You represent that if you choose to provide name, address, credit card, or any other information that it will be your true information. You may choose or be assigned a user name, confirmation code, and/or password in connection with your use of the Software. You agree to keep your confirmation code and password confidential. We disclaim responsibility for unauthorized use of your credit card or password.
6. Registration with Logos Bible Software implies registration with the Content owners whose Content you have licensed for use with the Software. We may share your registration information with the owners of Content you have licensed. We will honor your indication that you do not want registration information shared with any other third party. (You may indicate this during registration if you choose to provide name, address, etc.)
7. You agree that the Software may detect the presence of a connection to the Internet and communicate with servers controlled by Logos Bible Software in order to submit anonymous statistical information on use of the Software and Content and to detect and download updates to the Software and Content and new Software and Content for which you may have chosen to purchase licenses. You agree that new and updated Software and Content downloaded by the Software from the Internet are covered by this license.
8. This license agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA.
9. You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations.
10. The controlling language of this agreement is English. Any translation of this agreement that you may have received is provided only for your convenience.
This product contains certain software code or other information ("AT&T Software") proprietary to AT&T Corp. ("AT&T"). The AT&T Software is provided to you "AS IS". YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR USE OF THE AT&T SOFTWARE. AT&T DOES NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, ANY WARRANTIES ARISING BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE AT&T SOFTWARE IS "ERROR FREE" OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Unless you accept a license to use the AT&T Software, you shall not reverse compile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer this product to ascertain the source code for any AT&T Software.
© AT&T Corp. All rights reserved. AT&T is a registered trademark of AT&T Corp.