I have encountered a Problem or Error in Logos and need to report it, or a Support Technician has requested that I send them log files.
"Logos Bible Software (or Logos Indexer) has encountered a problem and needs to close."
If your problem occurred during installation, please skip to Step 4.
Step 1: Enable Logging
- Close Logos if it is already open.
- Press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- While still holding CTRL, open Logos and wait for the "Sign in" window to appear.
- Release the CTRL key and click "Sign In", then try to recreate the problem.
You may also select "Use blank layout" to prevent the home page or previous layout from loading automatically.
Step 2: Collect your Logs
- Open your Documents folder.
- Locate the "Logos Log Files" folder.
- Right-click on the "Logos Log Files" folder and choose "Send to Compressed (zipped) folder".
- A "Logos Log Files.zip" should be created (".zip" may not be visible, but you can recognize it by the zipper on the folder icon).
Step 3: Make a Report
If a Support Technician requested your logs directly, skip this step and email your logs to that Technician.
- Click here to visit the Logos 5 forum.
- Click on "Write a New Post."
- Enter a description of what you were doing when the bug or crash occured.
- Attach your "Logos Log Files.zip" file from Step 2 using the media button shown with a small "paper clip" icon.
- Then "Post" your bug report.
- The Development team often monitors these forums and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
If you experience an error running the Logos Setup you will have to enable logging for Logos5Setup.exe.
- Save the EnableLogging.js script found here, to your Desktop.
- If you get a page of "code" when clicking the link, try right-clicking and use the "Save-as" option.
- Navigate to the Desktop and open the EnableLogging.js file you saved.
- Once you've enabled logging, retry the installation, then continue from Steps 2-3.
- You can later disable logging when the problem is resolved by using the DisableLogging.js script found here.
These steps can also be used to enable "Full-Time" logging, meaning Logos will always record every session, each time over-writing the previous logs.
You can also submit your logs by email or by calling Customer Support at 1(800)875-6467.