The Logos Bible! App is a "Cloud-based" application, meaning it streams your content to your device from the internet. Of course, our devices don't always have internet acces, like when you're on an airplane, or otherwise disconnected. In these scenarios, it is still possible to access your books which have been previously made available in "offline mode". Follow the steps below, with an active internet connection, to prepare your device for offline reading.
- First, make sure you have an active internet connection to begin.
- Open the Bible! app, and select the resource you wish to download.
- From the resource screen, tap to reveal the interface.
- Tap the Info button.
- Tap the "Download" button, to begin installing your resource.
- Downloaded resources are no longer streamed from the cloud and will use up space on your device. The amount of space varies by resource, but is generally nominal when dealing with only a few resources.
Advanced Users: It is possible to install all of your owned resources. You will do this from the Library view. Pull the list down to reveal the "Download All" button.
Depending on the size of your library, this may take a lot of space on your device. Because of the space requirements, and because resource-to-resource searching requires an internet connection anyway, this method is generally not recommended.
- You can remove this resource later by tapping "Remove". This will delete the file from your device and free up the space it was using.