The Missionary Enterprise: A Collection of Discourses on Christian Missions
by Baron Stow
The Missionary Enterprise: A Collection of Discourses on Christian Missions consists of fifteen moving sermons on the essential need for Christian missionary work. These eloquent discourses, delivered in various locations over a number of years, are diverse in style and focus, yet radiate the same harmonious spirit and sentiment about the power of missionary work. Contributors to this inspiring work include Edward Dorr Griffin, Lyman Beecher, Francis Wayland, and more.
With the Logos Bible Software edition, The Missionary Enterprise is fully integrated with the other resources in your Logos library, including Bibles, maps, dictionaries, and numerous other Bible study tools. The Logos edition also allows you to perform powerful searches and word studies, and Scripture references are linked to the wealth of language resources in your digital library. This makes The Missionary Enterprise more powerful and easier to access than ever before for reading, sermon preparation, research, and Bible study.
- Fifteen timeless sermons
- Searchable by subject matter or scripture reference
- Great for small group discussion or personal devotional reading
- "The Moral Dignity of the Missionary Enterprise," by Rev. Francis Wayland, D. D.
- "Arguments for Missions," by Rev. Edward D. Griffin, D. D.
- "The Theory of Missions to the Heathen," by Rev. Rufus Anderson, D. D.
- "Jesus the Great Missionary," by Rev. Edward N. Kirk, D. D.
- "Christ, a Home Missionary," by Rev. William R. Williams, D. D.
- "Efficiency of Primitive Missions," by Rev. Baron Stow
- "Resources of the Adversary, and Means of their Destruction," by Rev. Lyman Beecher, D. D.
- "The Earth Filled with the Glory of God," by Rev. Samuel Miller, D. D.
- "Increase of Faith Necessary to the Success of Christian Missions," by Rev. William R. Williams, D. D.
- "The Cross," by Rev. Richard Fuller, D. D.
- "The Gospel Adapted to the Wants of the World," by Rev. Nathan S. S. Beman, D. D.
- "The Moral Elevation of the Church Essential to Missionary Success," by Rev. George B. Ide
- "The Bearings of Modern Commerce on the Progress of Modern Missions," by Rev. John S. Stone, D. D.
- "Messiah's Throne," by Rev. John M. Mason, D. D.
- "Missionary Power," by Rev. Baron Stow
Praise for the Print Edition
We commend this volume to our readers with great confidence
—The Methodist Quarterly Review
. . . . may be regarded as among the best specimens of this department of missionary literature.
—The Christian Review
The work forms a most admirable manual for the Christian, and can hardly fail to deepen and to extend the missionary feeling.
—Biblical Repository and Classical Review
- Title: The Missionary Enterprise: A Collection of Discourses on Christian Missions
- Editor: Baron Stow
- Publisher: Gould, Kendall and Lincoln
- Publication Date: 1846
- Pages: 308
About Baron Stow
Baron Stow (1801–1869) was a Baptist minister for forty years and an author and editor of numerous works, including The Psalmist, a widely used Baptist hymnal.