Bible and Spade Collection, version 2
Associates for Biblical Research 1972–2008
Thirty-four years of archaeological journalism are all encompassed into electronic format with the Bible and Spade Collection, version 2. The Logos Bible Software version is an updated version which also contains not only the same resources as the original Bible and Spade Collection, but includes the issues from 2006–2008. Archaeological activity in the Holy Land has spiked in the last thirty years and this series of journals gives the results and findings in a summarized, systematic fashion. Now you can search through all the issues with only a few clicks of your mouse!
If you want to catch up with Bible and Spade you will need this resource!
The biblical archaeology magazine Bible and Spade has been converted into electronic form, making it easier than ever to conduct research on the vast amount of information they contain. This electronic book collection leaves nothing behind and even includes all those great pictures from the print edition. With this version you can access in-depth studies on people, places and events of ancient times with greater ease and at a better value than ever!
Bible and Spade is released on a quarterly basis by Associates for Biblical Research or ABR. This organization was founded to provide information to the Christian community and the general public by the most effective means available on the subject of Biblical archaeology and creation/evolution issues. This information is to be obtained from original research and fieldwork, and the research and field work done by others outside the organization. This information disseminated and the activities of the organization shall be for the purpose of:
- Demonstrating the historical reliability of the Bible.
- Resolving apparent conflicts between the findings of archaeology and science, and the Bible.
- Illuminating and enhancing understanding of the Biblical text.
- Edifying the Christian Church by encouraging a deeper knowledge of, greater appreciation for, and stronger faith in the Bible through knowledge and correct interpretation of findings from archaeology and science.
- Making Biblical truth applicable and useful to daily Christian life and witness.
- Propogating the Christian faith by encouraging faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and yielding to Him as Lord, whenever and wherever such opportunity occurs.
- Exemplifying the Christian faith by word and deed.
The modern science of archaeology, which began in the mid-1800's, has revolutionized our knowledge of the ancient Biblical world. Many archaeological discoveries relate directly to Scripture and confirm the historicity of the Biblical record. Other discoveries provide fascinating background material for the Biblical narratives. As people are made aware of these discoveries, the Bible suddenly comes alive and Bible study is made more interesting and meaningful.
Today's technology has enabled archaeological research and publication to be greatly accelerated. More information is now being produced than ever before. It is even hard for professionals to keep up with the most recent developments.
That's why the ministry of the Associates for Biblical Research is so important and valuable. Our staff of professional archaeologists is actually producing some of the latest research. In addition, ABR stays maintains communication with other scholars active in the field and get the inside story on recent developments.
The Associates for Biblical Research keeps you informed on the latest discoveries. Furthermore, they also provide a Biblical perspective for the significance of each discovery.
Please Note: This product is not a subscription to Bible and Spade. However, it includes all periodicals issued from 1972 to 2008.
- Hyperlinks to scripture inside the text of each Bible and Spade article
- Charts and maps showing valuable information about ancient cities and regions
- Photography of the Holy Land
- Title: Bible and Spade Collection, version 2
- Publisher: Associates for Biblical Research