Five Facets of the Balanced Christian Life (vol. 1)
In this brand new series, biblical scholar J. Richard Fugate examines the five different relationships of a believer’s walk with God. He seeks to clear confusion about basic doctrine by defining salvation and responsibilities of the Christian’s life. Fugate explores the connection between God and humanity, relying only on the Bible and what it has to say about these issues. In a highly readable and concise style, Fugate makes this subject applicable and scripturally sound. He names the five aspects as the following:
- The relationship between a believer and the Godhead—as a Believer-Priest.
- The relationship of a believer to unbelievers—as a Beacon pointing to Christ.
- The relationship between believers—in Ministry.
- The believer’s relationship as a Conqueror over Satan and the world’s thinking.
- The relationship with one’s self—as a Completed Human Being.
Volume one covers the first facet, that of the believer’s relationship with God. Fugate writes a compelling and comprehensive exposition on this all-important topic of how Christians should live their daily lives. Correlating doctrine and Scripture with practical study, this work provides a clear view of the many roles and interactions that constitute the life of a Christian. The Logos edition makes it easy to study and apply Fugate’s practical work, linking all Scripture references to the Bibles in your library, making research quick and practical. This resource is perfect for laity wishing for a deeper understanding of what the Bible says about how Christians should function in many different capacities, as well as for students and scholars wanting a concise overview of biblical theology and how it relates to daily living.
- Approachable style perfect for laity, students, and scholars
- Includes helpful graphics and illustrations
- Detailed overviews of each facet, appendixes, and table of contents
Praise for the Print Edition
Far from being dry doctrine, this book addresses topics too often neglected in our churches.
—Professor Paul A. Miller, Founding Director, The GRAMCORD Institute
- Chapter One: Introduction
- Chapter Two: In the Beginning
- Chapter Three: Mankind’s Fall
- Chapter Four: The Effects of Man’s Fall
- Chapter Five: God’s Solution for Man’s Condition
- Chapter Six: Eternal Security/Everlasting Life
- Chapter Seven: Summary
- Chapter Eight: The Christian Priesthood
- Chapter Nine: The Functions of the Christian Priesthood
- Chapter Ten: The Spiritual Requirement for the Believer-Priest’s Service
- Chapter Eleven: Conclusions about Human Relationships with the Godhead
- Chapter Twelve: Functions of the Believer’s Priesthood
- Chapter Thirteen: Scripture’s Definition of True Worship
- Chapter Fourteen: Prayer is an Integral Part of the Believer’s Worship
- Chapter Fifteen: Thanksgiving and Giving are also Aspects of Worship
- Chapter Sixteen: Total Commitment of One’s Life: The Ultimate Physical Service to God
- Chapter Seventeen: Growing Toward Spiritual Maturity: The Ultimate Soul Service to God
- Chapter Eighteen: Summary: The Relationship between God and Man
- Appendix A: Technical Discussions
- Appendix B: The Bible as the Source of Information for Man
- Appendix C: Procedures for Determining Bible-Based Word Meanings
- Title: Five Facets of the Balanced Christian Life (vol. 1)
- Author: J. Richard Fugate
- Series: Five Facets of the Balanced Christian Life
- Publisher: The Foundation for Biblical Research
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 106
About J. Richard Fugate
J. Richard Fugate is the founder and director of the Foundation for Biblical Research (FBR). Its goal is to perform technical research in the Scripture’s original languages. Soon after his commitment to God, Mr. Fugate was called as Business Manager and later Vice President of Finance for Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.). In 1975, Mr. and Mrs. Fugate were led to start a Christian school in Garland, Texas based on their experience of home schooling their own children for two years. In 1978, Mr. Fugate began consulting part time with Alpha Omega Publications (A.O.P.) in Phoenix, Arizona while he began FBR in Austin, Texas. In March of 1982 he was hired as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of A.O.P. Mr. Fugate has been a keynote speaker at over 40 state home school conventions over the years and has written three books on home schooling. In the mid 1990s, Mr. and Mrs. Fugate traveled around the country speaking on Biblical marriage, child training, and home schooling. Fugate served as Business Manager of Family Ministries from 2000 through 2004. While currently functioning as the Director of The Foundation for Biblical Research in Arizona, he continues to teach and write Biblical truths on the family and Christian maturity. He is the author of several books, including What the Bible Says About. . .Suffering, What the Bible Says About. . .Being a Man, and What the Bible Says About. . .Child Training.