Presenting the Word of God, from Genesis to Revelation, as a unified Jewish book, the Complete Jewish Bible is a translation for Jews and non-Jews alike. It connects Jews with the Jewishness of the Messiah, and non-Jews with their Jewish roots. Names and key terms are returned to their original Hebrew and presented in easy-to-understand transliterations, enabling the reader to say them the way Yeshua (Jesus) did. A substantial contribution to biblical studies, the Complete Jewish Bible is an essential addition to any Logos library.
Why is this Bible different from all other Bibles? Because it is the only English version fully Jewish in style and presentation. It includes Dr. Stern's new version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and his highly acclaimed Jewish New Testament.
The Complete Jewish Bible:
- Follows the Hebrew Bible order of the Tanakh's books
- Makes no separation between "Old" and "New" Testaments
- Offers the original Hebrew names for people, places, and concepts, using easy-to-read English transliterations
- Focuses on Messianic prophecy
- Gives the traditional weekly and holiday synagogue readings, plus relevant readings from the "B'rit Hadashah" (New Testament)
- Reconnects Christians with their Jewish roots and the Jewish people
- Connects Jews with the Jewishness of Messiah Yeshua and Messianic faith
- A comprehensive introduction by translator David H. Stern
- Extensive notes, glossaries, and appendices
- Special maps to aid Bible comprehension
Praise for the Print Edition
David Stern's translation has completely revitalized my Bible study.
It brings an exciting new dimension to Bible study. I highly recommend this translation to anyone wanting to understand scripture better.
Serious Bible students have several versions of the Bible on their shelves. The Complete Jewish Bible should be one of them.
- Title: The Complete Jewish Bible
- Author: David H. Stern
- Publisher: Messianic Jewish Resources International
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pages: 1,697
About David H. Stern
David H. Stern, born in Los Angeles in 1935, is the great-grandson of two of the city's first twenty Jews. He earned a Ph.D. in economics at Princeton University and was a professor at UCLA. He then received a Master of Divinity degree at Fuller Theological Seminary, did graduate work at the University of Judaism, and was active in the Messianic Jewish movement. Dr. Stern authored the highly acclaimed English translation, the Jewish New Testament and the Jewish New Testament Commentary, both available from Logos Bible Software.