God's Word for Our World (2 vols.)
T&T Clark 2004
This academic and readable collection will be of interest to seminary students, professors, and anyone wanting to learn about Biblical studies and methods from a variety of scholars and numerous Scriptural texts.
- Contains thirty-six essays on exegetical topics
- Contributions from over twenty Biblical scholars
- Introduction to De Vrie’s methods
- Includes indexes and notes
- Title: God’s Word for Our World
- Publisher: T&T Clark International
- Editors: J. Harold Ellens, Deborah L. Ellish, Rolf P. Knierim, and Isaac Kalimi
- Volumes: 2
- Pages: 736
About Simon J. De Vries
Simon John De Vries is a premier twentieth-century Bible scholar, professor, and theologian, whose work in exegesis spans decades. His skill in critical and historical analysis has established standards in exegetical studies and inspired a generation of Biblical students and thinkers. This two-volume biblical studies collection commemorates De Vries and his methods, influence, and scholarship in Biblical studies. With over twenty well-known Biblical scholars contributing, God’s Word for Our World is an excellent exegetical resource, containing various Scriptural discourses. There are a wide range of topics, including Hebrew poetry, linguistics, culture, and hermeneutics.