Whether you are learning Latin for the first time or wish to “brush up” what you have already learned, this resource is designed to give you easy access to both a dictionary and a grammar reference guide. Collins Latin Dictionary and Grammar offers comprehensive treatment of the vocabulary of texts read in school and the university. The grammar guide presents detailed verb tables covering 120 regular verbs and over 300 irregular verbs.
- Information about life in Roman times
- Exploring how government and the army were organized
- Roman family relationships
- Geographical names
- Major Roman authors
- Significant events in Roman history
- Latin poetry and scansion
- A list of Latin expressions that are commonly used in the English language today.
- Dictionary based on the Collins Latin Gem, 1957, by Professor D. A. Kidd
- Grammar text and dictionary supplements by Mary Wade
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Publication Date: 1997
- Pages: 629