Baylor Wesleyan Studies Collection (4 vols.)
by 5 authors William J. Abraham, Vicki Tolar Burton, Edgardo A. Colón-Emeric, Joel B. Green, David F. Watson
Baylor University Press 2008–2012
Study the immensely important movement of Wesleyanism and its founder, John Wesley—one of the most influential figures in modern Christianity, North American Christianity in particular. This collection from Baylor offers essential reading for those wanting to understand this tradition and how it relates to past and present Christianity. In Wesley, Aquinas, and Christian Perfection, Edgardo A. Colón-Emeric presents Wesley’s view of Christian perfection as complementary to the theology of Aquinas and an ecumenical bridge between Wesleyan and Roman Catholic traditions. In Spiritual Literacy in John Wesley’s Methodism, Vicki Tolar Burton argues that female and working-class intellectual and social empowerment was a central aspect of Wesley’s Methodism, often overlooked or denied by Wesley scholars. William J. Abraham, in Aldersgate and Athens, focuses on the philosophical aspects of Wesley’s theology by considering his epistemological framework. Finally, in Wesley, Wesleyans, and Reading Bible as Scripture, Joel B. Green and David F. Watson bring together an impressive group of scholars in a valuable volume on Wesleyanism covering major approaches to Wesleyan studies, as well as the contemporary Wesleyan tradition.
The Logos Bible Software edition of these volumes is designed to enhance your study and understanding of theological issues and traditions. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and original-language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about John Wesley and Wesleyanism.
- Current scholarship on John Wesley and Wesleyanism
- New perspectives on central components of the Wesleyan tradition
- Wesley, Aquinas, and Christian Perfection by Edgardo A. Colón-Emeric
- Spiritual Literacy in John Wesley's Methodism: Reading, Writing, and Speaking to Believe by Vicki Tolar Burton
- Aldersgate and Athens: John Wesley and the Foundations of Christian Belief by William J. Abraham
- Wesley, Wesleyans, and Reading Bible as Scripture edited by Joel B. Green and David F. Watson
- Title: Baylor Wesleyan Studies Collection
- Publisher: Baylor University Press
- Volumes: 4
- Pages: 1,213