Fortress Press Preaching and Worship Collection (7 vols.)
by 9 authors Susan Marie Smith, Luke A. Powery, Jonathan Linman, Frank C. Senn, Susan K. Hedahl, O. Wesley Allen Jr., Norman C. Habel, David Rhoads, H. Paul Santmire
Fortress Press 2010–2012
The Fortress Press Preaching and Worship Collection presents seven volumes on various aspects of the church service, including Christian liturgy, homiletical preaching, and congregational worship. It provides church leaders the tools to transform their preaching and worship service.
The collection illustrates the positive impact Christian ritual has on spiritual growth, studies ways Christians can deeply and richly engage liturgy, and emphasizes the importance of preaching on ecological stewardship, death, and hope. It includes a volume on preaching the six major Christian festivals (Christmas, Epiphany, Easter, Ascension, Pentecost, and Holy Trinity), a handbook on Christian liturgy’s history, development, theology, and sacramental rites, and a volume on the development of the New Homiletic movement.
The Logos edition of these masterful works on preaching and worship is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and the wealth of resources in your digital library.
- Contains introductions to Christian liturgy, the New Homiletic movement, and Christian festivals
- Encourages pastors and church leaders to study and apply different preaching and liturgical strategies to their church service
- Addresses ways pastors can approach preaching oft-neglected topics like death and ecological stewardship
- Caring Liturgies: The Pastoral Power of Christian Ritual by Susan Marie Smith
- Dem Dry Bones: Preaching, Death, and Hope by Luke A. Powery
- Holy Conversation: Spirituality for Worship by Jonathan Linman
- Introduction to Christian Liturgy by Frank C. Senn
- Proclamation and Celebration: Preaching on Christmas, Easter, and Other Festivals by Susan K. Hedahl
- The Renewed Homiletic edited by O. Wesley Allen Jr.
- The Season of Creation: A Preaching Commentary edited by David Rhoads, H. Paul Santmire, and Norman C. Habel
- Title: Fortress Press Preaching and Worship Collection
- Publisher: Fortress Press
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 1,384