Signs of Weakness: Juxtaposing Irish Tales and the Bible
Are early Irish stories influenced by the Bible or transcriptions of pre-Christian Celtic lore? Layzer explores the practical and theoretical difficulties of determining “influence” in ancient writing, and the relationship between the oral and the written, literacy and literature, and the disciplines of Irish Studies and Biblical Studies.
In the Logos edition of Signs of Weakness, you get easy access to Scripture texts and to a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Hovering over Scripture references links you instantly to the verse you’re looking for, and with Passage Guides, Word Studies, and a wealth of other tools from Logos, you can delve into God’s Word like never before!
- Exploration of the practical and theoretical difficulties of determining “influence” in ancient writing
- Analysis of the relationship between the disciplines of Irish Studies and Biblical Studies
- Title: Signs of Weakness: Juxtaposing Irish Tales and the Bible
- Author: Varese Layzer
- Series: Study of the Old Testament Supplement (JSOTSupp)
- Publisher: Sheffield Academic Press
- Publication Date: 2001
- Pages: 248
About Varese Layzer
Varese Layzer received her doctorate from the University of Aberdeen and lives in New York.