New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade 2 Collection (4 vols.)
Beacon Hill 2012–2013
The New Beacon Bible Commentary is an engaging, indispensable reference tool that equips you to study and meditate on God’s Word. Written from the Wesleyan theological perspective, it offers insightful scholarship to help you unlock Scripture’s deeper truths and garner an awareness of the history, culture, and context attributed to each book studied. Readable, relevant, and academically thorough, it offers a new standard for understanding and interpreting the Bible in the twenty-first century.
The New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade 2 Collection is clear and accessible without sacrificing serious scholarship. In the Logos edition, each Scripture passage links to your favorite translation, and the series is easy to study side by side with your other commentaries. You can search by topic or Scripture with remarkably fast results.
Looking for additional New Beacon Bible Commentary volumes? The New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade Collection (13 vols.) and the New Beacon Bible Commentary (8 vols.) are available.
- The latest scholarship from notable experts in the Wesleyan tradition
- Convenient introductory material for each book of the Bible, including information on authorship, dating, history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, hermeneutical issues, and more
- Clear verse-by-verse explanations that offer a contemporary, Wesleyan-based understanding derived from the passage’s original language
- Comprehensive annotation divided into three sections:
- Background elements behind the text
- Verse-by-verse details and meanings
- Significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application
- Insight into theological issues, word meanings, archaeological connections, historical relevance, cultural customs, and more
- Expanded bibliography for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themes
- Title: New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade 2 Collection
- Publisher: Beacon Hill
- Volumes: 4
- Pages: 1,408