Tabletalk Magazine, March 1995: For the Lord Gives Wisdom
Ligonier Ministries 1995
For more than thirty years, Tabletalk has existed to provide a substantive study tool for believers. Generally speaking, either laypeople receive very little instruction in the weightier matters of the faith or their instruction is too academic, largely inaccessible to the average person. This is the reason Tabletalk exists: to bridge the gap between the two poles; to explain to the people of God important biblical doctrines and events while supporting them in holy living.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Glen Knecht, Bill Iverson, Bruce Waltke, Edmund P. Clowney, Joseph (Skip) Ryan, R. C. Sproul Jr., David Chilton, Bruce Waltke, and John Angell James. Tabletalk features articles on topics central to the Christian faith and contains daily in-depth Bible studies.
Over the years, several awards have recognized Tabletalk for its excellence. Today, people all over the world read Tabletalk on a daily basis. Now, in the Logos Bible Software edition of Tabletalk, all Scripture passages link to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of “wisdom” or “beauty.”
- Daily studies from the teaching fellowship of R. C. Sproul
- “Coram Deo” note from an editor
- “Wisdom and the Mind” by R. C. Sproul
- “The Path Which Leads to Wisdom” by Glen Knecht
- “Wisdom: A Gift for the Coming Generations” by Bill Iverson
- “The Genre of Widsom” by Bruce Waltke
- “Wisdom and the Bell Curve” by Edmund P. Clowney
- “The Wisdom of an Elder” by Joseph (Skip) Ryan
- “Wisdom And Beauty” by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- “Dirty Trough And Clean Heart” by David Chilton
- “The Fruit Of His Mouth” by Bruce Waltke
- “Virtuosity” by John Angell James
- “Signs Of The Times: Waiting for Wisdom”
- “Seeds Of The Sower: He Takes Sowing Seriously”
- “Ligonier News: New Audio/Video Series Released”
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christian’s conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, March 1995: “For the Lord Gives Wisdom”
- Editor in chief: R. C. Sproul Jr.
- Associate editors: Michael S. Beates, Laura England, and Robert F. Ingram
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication date: 1995
- Pages: 62
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also serves as senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, FL, and he has written more than seventy books, including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.