Tabletalk Magazine, November 1998: Eating Their Own Tails: Self-Defeating Worldviews
Ligonier Ministries 1998
For more than thirty years, Tabletalk has existed as a magazine to provide a substantive study tool for believers. Generally speaking, laymen receive either very little instruction in the weightier matters of the faith, or the instruction is too academic, thereby making the material largely inaccessible to average person. This is the reason Tabletalk exists—to bridge the gap between these two poles, to explain to the people of God the important, biblical doctrines and events while admonishing them toward holy living.
Contributors include: R. C. Sproul along with Wynn Kenyon, R. C. Sproul Jr., Clay Deatherage, Richard Ganz, Ra McLaughlin, Edmund P. Clowney, Robert Barnes, Ligon Duncan, and Jerry Dodson. Tabletalk features articles on topics central to the Christian faith and contains daily, in-depth Bible studies.
Over the years, Tabletalk has been recognized for its excellence through several awards. Today, people all over the world read Tabletalk on a daily basis. Now with the Logos Bible Software edition of Tabletalk all Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of "truth" or "worship."
- Daily Studies From The Teaching Fellowship Of R. C. Sproul
- "Coram Deo" note from an editor
- "Truth or Consequences" by R. C. Sproul
- "Living in a Material World" by Wynn Kenyon
- "Thinking Outside the Box" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "The End of Nothing" by Clay Deatherage
- "Ecclesiasticus Rex" by Richard Ganz
- "Why Was Exodus Written This Way?" by Ra McLaughlin
- "As Dangerous as God" by Edmund P. Clowney
- "Ten Seconds" by Robert Barnes
- "Worshiping as We Ought" by Ligon Duncan
- "Going Ahead" by Jerry Dodson
- "The Cultural Mind: Now That's Cool!"
- "Puritan Treasures: It Gives, But Borrows None"
- "Hits and Missives"
- "Tolle Lege: Disarming the Secular Gods"
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, November 1998: Eating Their Own Tails
- Editor in Chief: R. C. Sproul Jr.
- Associate Editor: Robert Barnes
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pages: 62
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is Founder and President of Ligonier Ministries and President of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as Senior Pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.