From the Preface: "It is the design of this compilation to provide the church in the “evening time” with the means of acquainting itself with the accurate history of the church. This volume covers the periods from the commencement of the Christian era to the present time. Many of the Christian writings of the obscure opening era of the church’s history have perished altogether. This however, increases the value of the fragments which remain, and serves to throw light upon the church’s history of that period. With a view to accommodating those who do not have the time or do not wish to read extensive and unabridged ecclesiastical histories, we have condensed the present volume, yet not leaving out anything of importance."
With the Logos Bible Software edition of A History of the Church all Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference.
- Biographical notice of the principal martyrs and promoters of Christianity, illustrating their constancy and zeal, suffering and fortitude
- Shows a general division of the four periods talked about in this book
- Preface by the author
- Title: A History of the Church
- Author: Henry C. Wickersham
- Publisher: Gospel Trumpet