Excerpt: "In writing this book to establish the fact that speaking in tongues as manifested on the day of Pentecost, at Caesarea, and at Ephesus, is not the “initial, physical evidence” of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the author does not wish to be understood as teaching that there are no people today with a true manifestation of speaking in tongues. As some one has said, 'Even if there are many with the counterfeit, there must, of necessity, be some with the genuine.'"
With the Logos Bible Software edition of What the Bible Teaches About Speaking in Tongues all Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference.
- What the Bible Teaches About Speaking in Tongues
- The True Manifestation of Speaking in Tongues
- The Six Accounts of Saints Being Baptized with the Holy Spirit
- Speaking in Tongues—A Gift of the Spirit
- Speaking in Tongues—An Inferior Gift
- The Gift of Tongues—A Real Language
- The Purpose of Spiritual Gifts
- The False Gift
- Some Questions Answered
- Twelve Undeniable Facts Concerning Speaking in Tongues
- Title: What the Bible Teaches About Speaking in Tongues
- Author: Cecil M. Washington
- Publisher: Gospel Trumpet
About Cecil M. Washington
Cecil M. Washington is also the author of Have Ye Received the Holy Spirit Since Ye Believed, The Truth About Divorce and Remarriage, and The Truth About the Millennium.