Christians have God's mandate to be good stewards of his creation, but it is a challenge to discover a wise and biblical perspective on issues of creation care, apart from political rhetoric. Care of Creation offers a biblical foundation and practical guidance about how Christians can personally exercise responsible care of God's good creation.
Concerned Christians will gain a much needed biblical perspective on one of the most pressing issues of our time and will learn practical ways to exercise proper care of the world God has given us.
Learn how to care for all of God's creation with Care of Creation. All Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference.
- Offers a biblical perspective, including the stewardship of creation
- Focuses on the care of those created in God's image
- Addresses environmental issues including land and water use, and ethical treatment of animals
- Part 1: Creation, Alienation, Redemption
- God's Creation Mandate for Humanity
- The Disastrous Results of Humanity's Fall
- God's Ongoing Redemption of All Creation
- God's Constant Care of the Universe
- Part 2: Care for Humanity
- The Ethical Challenges of Genetic Engineering
- Choices Between Life and Death
- Living by the Golden Rule
- Part 3: Care of the Environment
- Land and Water Conservation
- Christian Stewardship of Natural Resources
- Every Living Creature
- Endangered Species and Habitats
- A Call to Action
- Title: Care of Creation: Christian Voices on God, Humanity, and the Environment
- Editor: Joseph Coleson
- Publisher: Wesleyan Publishing House
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 208
About Joseph Coleson
Joseph Coleson is Professor of Old Testament at Nazarene Theological Seminary and Ordained Minister in The Wesleyan Church. Coleson is a translator of the New Living Translation of the Bible and has edited four volumes in the Wesleyan Theological Perspectives series.