There Is No I in Church: Moving Beyond Individual Spirituality to Experience God's Power in the Church
by Keith Drury
Into a culture that prizes individualism above all things, Keith Drury issues a call for believers to return to their roots—the church. This hard-hitting book challenges American Christianity's preoccupation with personal religion and boldly asserts that we become holy only together—as the Bride of Christ. In the author's words, "We have plenty of spiritual fingers and spiritual ears and eyes, but God longs for a whole church—a body—that is spiritually mature."
This book is not to be read alone! It is for the church, and it is best read with a group. There are scores of books on personal spiritual disciplines but few on corporate spiritual disciplines: the spiritual disciplines of the church. From public prayer, to preaching, fellowship, and the Lord's Supper, Drury convincingly shows the value of corporate spiritual practices and offers practical tips for transforming the spiritual dynamic of a local church or small group.
Take the no-nonsense call to corporate spiritually with There Is No I in Church and transform your congregation—and your life. All Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference.
- Provides corporate spiritual disciplines to strengthen the church as a whole
- Includes a study guide on how to lead a small group in learning from this book
- The Bride: How God Transforms His People
- Koinonia: Doing Life Together
- Corporate Prayer: Becoming a Praying People
- Scripture: Hearing the Word
- Moving of God: Feeling God among Us
- Testimony: Bearing Witness to the Work of God
- The Lord's Supper: Experience the Presence of Christ
- Conversion and Baptism: Seeing New Converts
- What Next? Nine Ways to Implement the Ideas in This Book
- Title: There Is No I in Church: Moving Beyond Individual Spirituality to Experience God's Power in the Church
- Author: Keith Drury
- Publisher: Wesleyan Publishing House
- Publication Date: 2006
- Pages: 160