Tabletalk Magazine, July 2007: Angels, Demons and Spiritual Warfare
Ligonier Ministries 2007
TThe spiritual realm and a few of its inhabitants — angels and demons — are portrayed and discussed everywhere — from statues and paintings to poems and songs to the Internet. But are they understood correctly? With all the attention the spiritual world receives, Christians are bound to get confused between what is often assumed to be “common knowledge” about the spiritual realm and how the Word of God actually portrays it. For this reason, the July 2007 edition of Tabletalk seeks to challenge many of the modern myths regarding this other-worldly reality by offering a biblical view of the spiritual realm.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with John Blanchard, Stanley D. Gale, Phil Johnson, John Piper, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
Since Genesis has such a prominent place in history, the 2007 Bible studies continue from 2006 with Part 2 of this book.
- "A Supernatural Faith" by R. C. Sproul
- "Angels: Messengers and Ministers of God" by Phil Johnson
- "Demons: Servants of Satan" by John Blanchard
- "The Battle of Our Lives" by Stanley D. Gale
- "More Than a Tale for Children" by Robert Rothwell
- "The Veracity of God" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "Astonishing Grace" by Warren A. Gage
- "A Loyal Love" by Kathy Miskelly
- "Prayer: A Warrior's Weapon" by John Piper
- "The Devil in the Details" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Angels and Demons Go Pop Culture" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, July 2007: Angels, Demons and Spiritual Warfare
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: July 2007
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.