Tabletalk Magazine, February 2010: What N. T. Wright Really Said
Ligonier Ministries 2010
The February 2010 issue of Tabletalk looks at the current controversy surrounding N.T. Wright and the doctrine of justification. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with D.A. Carson, Sinclair Ferguson, J.V. Fesko, Paul Helm, Michael Horton, Albert Mohler, John Piper, and Cornelis Venema, among others. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns by contributors such as John Sartelle and R.C. Sproul Jr.
The 2010 Bible studies engage in a thematic and biblical-theological study of the Old Testament, looking at various characters, events, practices, and other elements of old covenant religion that are fulfilled in the new covenant.
- "Tilting at Scarecrows" by R. C. Sproul
- "Rethinking the Gospel?" by R. Albert Mohler Jr.
- "A Future Justification Based Upon Works?" by Cornelis P. Venema
- "'Works of the Law' in Paul" by J. V. Fesko
- "What Does Justification Have to do with the Gospel?" by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- "Justification and Ecumenism" by Micahel Horton
- "Has the Church Misunderstood Justification?" by Guy Prentiss Waters
- "A New Luther?" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "Wright is Wrong on Imputation" by Thomas R. Schreiner
- "'Faith' and 'Faithfulness'" by D. A. Carson
- "The 'Nonsense' of Justifying the Ungodly" by John Piper
- "Christ, Our Righteousness" by Roger Nicole
- "Salvation and the Life After Life" by Paul Helm
- "The New Covenant" by Iain D. Campbell
- "God Speaks Through His Son" by Ken Jones
- "The Church as God's Prophets" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "Christ, The Wisdom of God" by John P. Sartelle
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, February 2010: What N. T. Wright Really Said
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: February 2010
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.