The June 2010 issue of Tabletalk looks at the New Calvinism sweeping across America and offer to its readers guidance and encouragement through a friendly analysis of it. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Tim Challies, Paul Helm, Albert Mohler, Burk Parsons, Richard Pratt, Ed Stetzer, and Eric Watkins. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns by contributors such as Ken Jones and Iain Campbell.
The 2010 Bible studies engage in a thematic and biblical-theological study of the Old Testament, looking at various characters, events, practices, and other elements of old covenant religion that are fulfilled in the new covenant.
- Fueling Reformation by R. C. Sproul
- The Many Shades of Calvinism by Paul Helm
- Reformed Theology is Covenant Theology by Richard L. Pratt Jr.
- Calvinism Isn't Enough by Burk Parsons
- The Lamb of God by Iain D. Campbell
- The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit by Ken Jones
- The Wrath to Come by Kim Riddlebarger
- Rejoice in the Lord Always by John P. Sartelle
- Something Old, Something New by Eric B. Watkins
- Repentance and Reformation by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- After the Revolution by Albert Mohler Jr.
- Who is Using Whom? by Tim Challies
- The Blessings of the New Media by Ed Stetzer
- Get Real by Keith A. Mathison
- Articles by a variety of Christian scholars and leaders that provide detailed and thought-provoking coverage of important topics.
- Daily, in-depth studies guiding readers through one or more books of the Bible each year through rich yet easy-to-understand exposition, and practical applications.
- Trusted resources for further study.
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: June, 2010: The New Calvinism
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: 2010
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including The Holiness of God, The Intimage Marriage, Essential Truths of the Christian Faith, Following the Cross, and the R. C. Sproul Exposition Collection.
About Burk Parsons
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.