The July 2010 issue of Tabletalk focuses on the concept of adiaphora within the practices and worship of Christ’s body and aims to provide biblical principles regarding adiaphora. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Nicholas T. Batzig, Joel Belz, Jon Bloom, R.J. Gore Jr., Keith Mathison, Richard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Derek Thomas, and Terry Yount. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies with featured columns.
The 2010 Bible studies engage in a thematic and biblical-theological study of the Old Testament, looking at various characters, events, practices, and other elements of old covenant religion that are fulfilled in the new covenant.
- When to Stop, When to Go by R. C. Sproul
- The Regulative Principles of Worship by Derek W. H. Thomas
- Adiaphora in Worship by R. J. Gore Jr.
- No Room for Indifference by Richard D. Phillips
- The Fine Line by Nicholas T. Batzig
- Music in the Church by Iain D. Campbell
- New Covenant Fasting by Ken Jones
- Thinking on Pure Things by Kim Riddlebarger
- Jesus the Messiah by John P. Sartelle
- Discerning the Body by Keith A. Mathison
- Right Now Counts Forever by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- Give Without Pay by Jon Bloom
- Beauty & the Gospel by Terry Yount
- Tevje Needed to Know by Joel Belz
- Mere Coincidence by Keith A. Mathison
- Articles by a variety of Christian scholars and leaders that provide detailed and thought-provoking coverage of important topics.
- Daily, in-depth studies guiding readers through one or more books of the Bible each year through rich yet easy-to-understand exposition, and practical applications.
- Trusted resources for further study.
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: July, 2010: Worship Matters
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: 2010
About R. C. Sproul
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including The Holiness of God, The Intimage Marriage, Essential Truths of the Christian Faith, Following the Cross, and the R. C. Sproul Exposition Collection.
About Burk Parsons
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.