Journal of Modern Ministry covers a wide spectrum of topics that are applicable to anyone wishing to pursue good Christian living. Highly accessible to all, this journal contains practical information on all aspects of life, as well as a vast array of theological materials.
Founded by senior writer Dr. Jay Adams, the Journal of Modern Ministry was first published in May 2004 with two issues, and continued in 2006 with three issues planned each year. The extraordinary group of ministering author-editors involved in this journal also solicit articles from the finest men known today for their uncompromising biblical emphasis, and receive from lesser known writers articles they believe worthy of publication.
Thumbing through stacks and stacks of journals is now a thing of the past. You will no longer need to search hundreds of pages of print to find an article on the topic you were looking for, because Logos Bible Software will do the work for you instantaneously. Whether you are a pastor, scholar, counselor, or are simply wishing to advance your knowledge of Godly living, Journal of Modern Ministry in Logos is exactly what you need in order to assist you in your ministry.
- Variety of topics covered
- Ideal for scholars, pastors, and students
- Parental Guidance Required: Making Wise Media Choices for You and Your Family, Gebhards
- What Was Paul Doing on Mars Hill?, Johnson
- The Pastor and His Salary Package, Rickard
- Help and Hope for the Physically Afflicted, T. Adams
- Counseling People in Financial Pain, Newheiser
- Temptation, J. Adams
- Some Thoughts on "Narcissistic" Youth, Carroll
- Selfishness: Helping People with the Mother of All Sins, Priolo
- Serving Up Homework Asian Style, Priolo
- And IF When I Die: On the Threshold of Eternity, B. Adams
- Outwitnessing the "Witnesses", J. Adams
- Winning Lost People, Not Arguments, Williams
- Making Gospel Narrative Come Alive, Hughes
- The One Thing Necessary, Hughes
- John D. Street
- S. Lance Quinn
- Louis P. Priolo
- William E. Slattery
- Steven R. Vogel, M.D.
- Kevin M. Backus
- Donn R. Arms
- Title: Journal of Modern Ministry, Vol. 6 Issue 1 Winter 2009
- Editor: Jay E. Adams
- Publisher: Timeless Texts
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pages: 191
About Jay E. Adams
Jay E. Adams is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University, where he majored in Greek and received the A.B. degree. He earned a B.D. from the Reformed Episcopal Seminary, the S.T.M from the Temple University School of Theology in Homiletics under Andrew W. Blackwood, and the Ph.D from the University of Missouri. He also did graduate work at the Pittsburgh-Xenia Theological Seminary and held a post-doctoral fellowship in Psychology at the University of Illinois under O. Hobart Mowrer. Adams and his wife, Betty Jane, live in Spartanburg County, near Woodruff, South Carolina, and they have four children.