Journal of Modern Ministry covers a wide spectrum of topics that are applicable to anyone wishing to pursue good Christian living. Highly accessible to all, this journal contains practical information on all aspects of life, as well as a vast array of theological materials.
Founded by senior writer Dr. Jay Adams, the Journal of Modern Ministry was first published in May 2004 with two issues, and continued in 2006 with three issues planned each year. The extraordinary group of ministering author-editors involved in this journal also solicit articles from the finest men known today for their uncompromising biblical emphasis, and receive from lesser known writers articles they believe worthy of publication.
Thumbing through stacks and stacks of journals is now a thing of the past. You will no longer need to search hundreds of pages of print to find an article on the topic you were looking for, because Logos Bible Software will do the work for you instantaneously. Whether you are a pastor, scholar, counselor, or are simply wishing to advance your knowledge of Godly living, Journal of Modern Ministry in Logos is exactly what you need in order to assist you in your ministry.
- Variety of topics covered
- Ideal for scholars, pastors, and students
- Pastors For Rent, Adams
- Is Your Ministry Mandated?, Burrelli
- The Local Church: A Useful View, Jonas
- Preponderance of Doctrinal Controversy in the NT, Adams
- If Not Divorce, Then What? - Adams
- He's Coming Home: Are You Ready?, Brown
- A Short Guide to Counseling Jealous & Envious People, Priolo
- Presupposition Twelve: Calling and Equipping, Priolo
- Preaching Pitfalls You Can Avoid, Galletta
- Preaching and Teaching, Adams
- Preaching at a Wedding, Slattery
- Introduction: Chronic Diseases and the Church, Vogel
- A Perspective on Suffering-Part 1, Vleit
- A Perspective on Suffering-Part 2, Vleit
- A Christian's Response to Chronic Illness, T. Adams
- Heart in the Medical Intensive Care Unit, S. A. Erickson
- It Is Finished: November 29, 2005, S. B. Erickson
- Introduction, Backus
- A Better Savior: Introducing Russellites to the Jesus of the Bible, Pine
- John D. Street
- S. Lance Quinn
- Louis P. Priolo
- William E. Slattery
- Steven R. Vogel, M.D.
- Kevin M. Backus
- Donn R. Arms
- Title: Journal of Modern Ministry, Vol. 4 Issue 3 Fall 2007
- Editor: Jay E. Adams
- Publisher: Timeless Texts
- Publication Date: 2007
- Pages: 178
About Jay E. Adams
Jay E. Adams is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University, where he majored in Greek and received the A.B. degree. He earned a B.D. from the Reformed Episcopal Seminary, the S.T.M from the Temple University School of Theology in Homiletics under Andrew W. Blackwood, and the Ph.D from the University of Missouri. He also did graduate work at the Pittsburgh-Xenia Theological Seminary and held a post-doctoral fellowship in Psychology at the University of Illinois under O. Hobart Mowrer. Adams and his wife, Betty Jane, live in Spartanburg County, near Woodruff, South Carolina, and they have four children.