Logos Bible Software is looking for advanced editors who are experienced with cutting interviews and commercials. Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere are musts. Our primary post-production tools are Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, and DaVinci Resolve. You will be working with a team of creative professionals who produce marketing videos, support videos, and video products aimed at the Christian marketplace.
Responsibilities include editing in Final Cut Pro X, obtaining screencasts with ScreenFlow, some color grading, and audio work. You will collaborate with our experienced in-house video crew. You will be required to turn out polished edits while meeting hard deadlines.
The ideal candidate for the job will have
- 2+ years’ experience editing video footage (Final Cut Pro 7 or X, Adobe Premier, or AVID)
- The ability to analyze footage, such as an interview with b-roll, and reorganize it to create a compelling story arc
- Proficiency with Macintosh computers
- Knowledge of editing concepts like 3-point edits, J and L cuts, screen direction, continuity of motion, and cutting on action
- Audio skills with filters, plugins, voiceover talent, and background music
- Experience with primary color correction, with an understanding of how to use scopes and achieve proper color balance
- Experience with integrating plugins and graphics such as After Effects and Motion
- Attention to details such as extensive meta-data tagging
- An understanding of Christian culture, language, and values
- Most importantly, motivation to quickly learn, communicate, and collaborate to tell awesome stories and help sell our products with video
The really ideal candidate for the job will have
- Experience cutting shorts, features, and commercials
- Experience working with a video production team of more than 2 people
- An editing style based on making the most use of keyboard shortcuts
- A solid understanding of story structure
- The ability to determine how much energy to put into a project based on its deadline and overall importance
- An online reel available for viewing
- Experience using 3DS Max or Cinema 4D
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve
All applicants must be able to show examples of their work.
This is a full-time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington.* Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off.
Please send a résumé and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 360-527-1707. Send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—Video Editor
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.