Logos Bible Software is looking for an entry-level MarCom writer to compose awesome, compelling copy. If you’re a wordsmith who’s comfortable writing for blogs, social, ads, news, and more, we might have a sweet job and lots of free espresso for you.
- Develop and maintain Logos-branded blogs in an appropriate voice
- Write and edit copy for promotional campaigns and events
- Write and edit content for Logos websites
- Proofread promotional copy as needed
- Keep track of new standards, technologies, and trends, and formulate plans for improved blogging strategy
- Use appropriate tools to analyze metrics
- Develop and grow readership and interaction
- Reply promptly and professionally to blog comments
The ideal candidate will
- Write in an engaging, confident, benefit-first style
- Proofread and edit skillfully, conforming to The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed.
- Be creative under pressure
- Know the basics of SEO
- Understand RSS
- Be familiar with the WordPress platform
- Be able to manage time and projects effectively
- Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Have an understanding of Christian lay, academic, and pastoral markets
- Understand social media sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Demonstrate a fierce dedication to excellence
The really ideal candidate will
- Have previous experience writing web copy
- Have experience using Logos desktop
- Have marketing and/or sales experience
- Send a résumé, cover letter, and promotional writing sample** to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—MarCom Editor
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
This is a full-time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced-cost gym memberships, and continual-learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cookoff.
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.
** Write up a blog post for Logos Talk selling The Rhetoric of the Reformation. No need to buy the book, though we encourage some research—since we can’t read everything we sell, we want to make sure you’re comfortable writing about new material.