Logos Bible Software is looking for a thorough entry-level editor to help us refine our promotional copy into awesome, compelling messages. We have a lot of important things to say, and we need someone to put our content under the microscope before we push it out to the world. If you’re a stickler for finding and correcting typos, weeding out prepositions and the passive voice, and eliminating word clutter, we might have a sweet job and lots of free espresso for you.
- Edit and proofread promotional copy, including:
- Web copy (landing pages, product pages, etc.)
- Blog posts
- Logos desktop homepage messages
- Vyrso emails and newsletters
- Social copy
- Homepage slides
- Ads (print and web)
- Video scripts
- Work under senior copywriter and editor to ensure clear, profitable messaging
- Implement postcreative content changes
- Work with copywriters, coders, and web developers to weed out errors and trim clutter
- Fact-check content and test links
- Comb Logos.com and sister websites for errors and/or opportunities to optimize content
- Give feedback to marketing staff on ways to improve writing quality
Here’s what we’re looking for in an editor:
- Keen attention to detail in grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Superior knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word
- Understanding of Christian lay, academic, and pastoral markets
- Expert wordsmithing skills, retaining message and voice while trimming clutter
- Multitasking skills, creativity under pressure, and the ability to prioritize demanding projects
- Benefit-first approach to editing copy
- Succinctness and elegance (what would you change in this bullet point?)
The really ideal candidate will also have:
- Previous editing experience
- Biblical or theological training
- A four-year degree in marketing, writing, English, or a related field
- Fierce dedication to excellence
Assume that the audiences for these messages are familiar with Logos’ Free Book of the Month promotion and the Vyrso brand. Track your changes, and include your rationale in comments where appropriate.
- Send your résumé, cover letter, and editing samples to email@example.com.
- Or send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—MarCom Editor
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
This is an entry-level job. Applications without editing samples will not be considered.
This is a full-time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced-cost gym memberships, and continual-learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cookoff.
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.