Kirkdale Press, a new digital publishing imprint from Logos Bible Software, is looking for an internet-savvy publicist to promote its new titles. This entry-level position is perfect for marketers who have a desire to grow and excel in their field. It provides an incredible opportunity for autonomy and advancement in a company that is growing rapidly.
- Create marketing plans and timelines, execute promotions, and report on results
- Contact bloggers and journalists, requesting reviews, interviews, and giveaways
- Build partnerships with outside organizations for joint promotions
- Write promotional emails, press releases, and other marketing copy
- Seek out new marketing opportunities and identify current methods that should be discontinued
Candidates for this job will have:
- A passion for marketing. The publicist must have experience in email, blog, and social marketing, and be up to date on the latest internet marketing strategies.
- Copywriting skills. The publicist should be able to identify the audience to which they are writing and “speak their language” to achieve a goal. Clarity and conciseness are essential. Experience writing benefits-driven marketing copy is required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Christian markets. The publicist should be able to communicate with customers about topics like prayer, missions, and the ministry and message of Jesus.
- Project management skills. The publicist must be able to delegate tasks, track progress, and follow up with coworkers to get tasks finished and approved on time. They must be detail oriented, be organized, and enjoy taking initiative.
- Interpersonal skills. The publicist will communicate with authors, media outlets, and other outside organizations on a regular basis. They must be able to communicate with people of different demographics and technical backgrounds in a professional manner.
This is a full-time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off.
Please send a résumé and cover letter, along with your best samples of marketing copy, to email@example.com. Send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—Kirkdale Press Publicist
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.