Logos Bible Software is looking for a creative entry-level writer to compose awesome, compelling copy. We have a lot of terrific promotions to tell the world about, but we need someone to find the right words. If you’re a wordsmith who can tug heartstrings with persuasive copy, we might have a sweet job and lots of free espresso for you.
- Write and edit copy for promotional campaigns and events, including:
- Logos Desktop homepage messages
- Vyrso emails and newsletters
- Vyrso.com homepage slides
- Ads (print and Web)
- Free Book of the Month
- Video scripts
- Compose promotional blog posts for Logos and Vyrso
- Work under senior copywriter to craft clear, profitable messages
- Collaborate with managers, designers, and editors to create effective, appealing material
- Proofread promotional copy
Here’s what we’re looking for in a writer:
- Storytelling skills that make money
- Copy that inspires design
- Confident, professional writing style
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word)
- Understanding of Christian lay, academic, and pastoral markets
- Multi-tasking skills, creativity under pressure, and the ability to prioritize demanding projects
- Benefit-first approach to writing copy
- Succinctness and elegance (tell us what’s wrong with this bullet point)
The really ideal candidate will also have:
- 0–2 years promotional writing experience
- Biblical or theological training
- An impeccable grasp of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Fierce dedication to excellence
- Write the following promotional copy for the current Free Book of the Month:
- Logos Desktop homepage message (see an example)
- Print ad copy (<50 words)
- Both samples should persuade the reader to download the book and enter the giveaway, and may include ideas for imagery. Don’t forget to download your own copy of the book, too!
- Send your résumé, cover letter, portfolio, and Free Book of the Month copy samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—Junior Promotional Copywriter
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
This is a full-time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off.
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.